Thursday 12 March 2015

Berlin Districts

As Jen suggested I need to do some research into the two different sides of Berlin and the different districts surrounding the area. Therefore I will get a better understanding of the communities and how through architecture I can join them together.

Berlin districts:

- Charlottenburg Wilmersdorf
- Friedrichhain-Kreuzberg
- Lichtenberg
- Marzahn Hellersdorf
- Mitte
- Neukölln
- Pankow
- Reinickendorf
- Spandau
- Steglitz-Zehlendorf
- Tempelhof-Schöneberg
- Treptow-Köpenick



http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Germany_imagemap_(location_map_scheme)

Population Density

http://www.stadtentwicklung.berlin.de/umwelt//umweltatlas/ekij606.htm

You can see from this map above the areas of the larger population are Friedrichhain-Kreuzberg, Mitte and Tempelhof-Schöneberg. This is also the surrounding areas of Holzmarkt where my I am designing a performance space for. As I now know through this research what districts I can look further into to find some links that can draw my design and the community together.