Thursday 12 March 2015

Design Drawings

I wanted to draw the River Spree path to gain some inspiration for my design in the paths that people could take. I started drawing and decided to do some blind contour to see where the lines could take me. I though that if I drew multiple lines theres could be the start of my pathway.

Blind Contour


6B Pencil

This is my first drawing where I drew the inspiration from. I followed the line of the map I previous looked at in my research into the River Spree. I then decided   I could look at multiple maps to gather different  degrees of lines using different materials. 
 Black Pen
0.8 Pen
0.4 Pen
 HB 2 1/2 Pencil

 2B Pencil
0.5 Pen
For these drawings I focused on the River and the path it creates, I looked at the Rover as a whole through Berlin and Germany and also as different zoomed in sections. I now have drawings that have created a pathway for my to start designing the different paths I want people to take and how these can all link together.

Photoshop:




Here I layered some of the drawings onto of each other to create the layers in the public space I want to design for the tension of public verse private.