Wednesday 4 March 2015

Research: Public Space

Research into public spaces:

I want to research into public spaces I want this theatre to be a space everybody can enjoy and come, as there are also many tourists that come to the Holzmarkt area.

What is public space to me?

- feelings
- relationships
- outdoor room
- a space for people to come together
- sharing for community
- full
- context
- space to play in (children and adults)
- relaxation
- ease your mind
- ease your day
- we need more public spaces
- we can’t meet the demand for public spaces
- physical space to play
- should do more for public spaces
- building community unity
- makes city living worth it
- pleasant
- relax around each other
- special space
- community building space
- mind and spirit
- no worries


I want to incorporate this idea of public space so the space is open to all public, even though this is a large audience to cover I can narrow it down when I start designing.