Tuesday 10 March 2015

Model Making

Using basic materials to start building the layers and space I want to incorporate into my design.

I started with paper and drawing rough lines of the river to get an idea of the space.

 I started with circles looking at creating different height for different levels, each level could have different purposes for interaction.
As circles can be a closed shape I looked at if they were more of a natural shape here I looked a leave shape, still having the different levels as I liked this idea.
 Looking at what the different levels could involve, grass, water and a hard surface like concrete or rock path.
 Fast way of creating layers with rectangular shapes. I used different materials and colours to represent possible different materials, I liked the shapes this started to create.
Cutting these shapes down to form user friendly shapes that allow the user to follow a pathway.