Wednesday 11 March 2015

Presentation

Slide Show:

My agenda is to create a transformative, transitional public space for social interaction, between tourists and the people of Berlin. Building onto the culture in Holzmarkt.

I want to offer a space that gets away from the tradition social interactions of everyday living happening in coffee shops and cafes, that are away from the river side behind a transition walk way in the Holzmarkt. I want to extend this space into more open air onto the river Spree, this will encourage different social interactions; trade, discussion, exchange information, performance (music). I want to do this through connecting the two sides of the River allowing users to cross over and interact. As I want the users to be the performers I want to focus on the idea, of making people aware they are performing in a comfortable way. Through research and observation, I have noticed the main way people notice themselves is through a reflection, I want to capture this idea through water.

I want to make the water a large focus in the space, and have started designing with linear lines with sections of pathway, greeny and water. I want to make people follow different paths and levels therefore making them slow down to stop and notice themselves and interact with others. Performing in ways that make each day different depending on the weather and the people you meet. I want to know explore these ideas further, into creating a public space.