Thursday 12 March 2015

Presentation Feedback

Feedback

Meg: Great ideas, epsecially the way you are unpacking the space of the stage and performance hierachy. It would be great to see more the way that you intend to move people through the spaces - when do they stop or look out etc.


Jen: Nice ideas, could you draw more from the four intersecting 'districts' that converge on the site? what are the different communities that you are connecting and what are the potential implications that may arise from this? looking forward to seeing more development of the water/reflection/perspective-shifting moments, through explorations in different media and across different scales...


Leanna: I like the idea of connecting the two sides of the rivers together and also the idea of open space. How will you make people comfortable knowing that they are performing? Will they know they are performing? Could you use different materials, such as organic water, vegetation along with wood, metal or concrete to influence the way people act in the space.


Anna: Open up social interaction with a temporary bridge, focusing on water. Maybe look into the river current and ripples and the direction it flows and use that to influence the paths and direction you want the audience to follow.


Critical Reflection


Response to Feedback:


- I want to look into the intersecting district as Jen suggested, looking at these different communities and how through Architecture and the space I can connect them.


- I need to make aware of the implications and how I am going to solve these. As I can only interpret what many happen I need to do some more research into the different communities around Berlin and find a common factor that I can work with for my design.


- How am I going to move people through the space and how are they going to recognise they are performing? I want to move people through the space on different levels slowing them down to take there time and feel comfortable. When people slow down they are more aware of that is around them, I want to capture this moment of awareness through water, therefore people are recognising themselves interacting with the environment and other people.


- I want to use a range of materials in my design so that people are encouraged to slow down and become aware of themselves. Walking in different ways, using there senses to touch and smell different things, while other people can watch and interaction/learn from others experiences with the space and see how different people in the community react to different experiences. I want to influence peoples interactions in the space put I don't want to dictate what happens. I want the interactions to flow and people natural.


- As Anna suggested I want to research into the river current, ripples and direction it flows to influence my design, this will make it flow in and out of the river as a bridge rather than a floating object sitting on top.